Pediatric Sports Medicine
What is Pediatric Sports Medicine?
Dr. Garcia serves children and adolescents of all ages who are hurt in sports or other active play. Dr. Garcia works together closely with a team to give your child complete care and get them back to their usual activities. He focuses not only on healing current injuries, but also on preventing injuries in the future and improving performance.
Dr. Garcia sees children and adolescents at every activity level and in all types of sports, including recreational and elite national athletes. Whatever your child’s unique needs, he has the expertise to care for them.
Dr. Garcia has been in competitive sports as an athlete and understands the challenges and demands of playing. He also cares for young recreational athletes, collegiate and professional athletes.
He diagnoses, treats and prevents a wide range of acute and chronic pediatric sports injuries, including:
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Patellar Dislocations
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- Sinding Larsen Johansson syndrome
- Discoid meniscal tears
- ITB syndrome and osteochondritis dissecans
- Torn knee ligaments (ACL , MCL , LCL and PCL injuries)
Our treatment plans are based on the newest research about what will be best for our young patients. He partners with you to make sure the treatment plan works for your family.
- He offers both surgical and nonsurgical options, including rehabilitation, imaging and nutrition.
- When surgery is needed, he uses techniques that limit the risk of injury to growing bones.